An advertising agency is always on the lookout for catchy messages which allow people to believe what they’re trying to sell. This is done by them through in-house copywriters and content writers as well as freelancers.
Advertising agencies require content writers on a daily basis. These content writers are told to possess writing capabilities of the highest order, where they are to produce witty and interesting catchphrases within a couple of lines, which will be enough to peak the interest of viewers as well as helps to sell the product they are trying to showcase.
Advertising content writers must do a thorough research of what they’re putting through and must possess a good vocabulary, because their primary task is to put through the product they’re selling, in as few words as possible.
Advertising agencies often keep in-house content writers and copywriters but sometimes for small-time projects, they prefer taking the services of freelancers, who provide them with equally good work. Similar to in-house writers, freelance content writers too must perform adequate research as well as must provide catch-phrases which will catch the interest of their viewers and patrons.
Content writers who work for advertising agencies usually provide an in-depth study of a topic so that copywriters can utilise the same information to prepare one-liners. Also, if the product is to be pitched online, then they also cater to its SEO requirements, making sure that the product pitches right on top.
Advertising copywriters on the other hand usually handle the media aspect of the advertising agency. That is to say, they take ad campaigns and then give interesting phrases and try to send across important messages through the few lines that are allotted to them. They not only give a description to the product at hand but they also give it a familiar spin so that people who view the ad campaign find it relatable, because that is what sells.
- 1 How to choose the best content writer for an advertising agency
- 2 What We Provide
- 3 Submit Project Requirements
- 4 Get In Touch
How to choose the best content writer for an advertising agency
- Understand and know your requirements and then see whether the writer you are hiring is capable of living up to them.
- Remember to take samples from him/her to see their ability to engage an audience through the power words.
- Be clear as to what you expect from him/her. Let them know the specific areas they will have to focus on, what kind of audience they have to cater to, whether there are a specific style and tone you are looking for, type of content, SEO specialization – everything. See that the content writer you are hiring is apt for the job at hand.
- Check their ability to research a topic and then see how well they can simplify what they have read and understood. Remember that at an advertising agency their job will be to sell the product at hand and if the language they are using isn’t audience-friendly, the product won’t sell.
- Grasp over the language. Check whether they have a good grasp over the language in which you want him/her work.
Content writing service for advertising agency is no easy job. Every person who works in the content department – whether content creator or the copywriter knows how tough it can be. Sticking to sharp deadlines, preparing content which is to cater to a specific age group or a specific set of audience, knowing the exact and perfect language to use to describe the product in the least number of words, making the content catchy and attractive – they have to do it all. Which is why having the perfect person for this job helps ease things out a little.